March 2, 2011

Welcome Swallow

On a particularly hot day, I discovered a Welcome Swallow laying prostrate on the hot bricks in front of my office window. It would not have been long before he expired. He was really gasping. I picked him up and brought him inside in the cool and offered him some water in a spoon, which he sipped. He seemed to revive, but was quite happy to stay in my hand. I kept him in my hand for an hour or so and offered him more water. I found a little box and lined it with tissues and popped him in. He seem to like being in a small area and appeared quite relaxed. I decided I would release him at home. I put him on a branch of our apricot tree. He stayed long enough for me to take a photo and then flew away. I was so tickled pink that he had recovered enough to fly.
Deb Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment